Best Baby Bath Tubs & Seats Reviews – Looking for the Right One
First and foremost, a baby bathtub is a tool to hold water when bathing for your baby. This seems nothing to discuss much about it because even a normal bucket can work. However. In further aspects, there are still things we should consider when buying a bathtub for our babies.
Therefore, to have more information associated with baby bathtubs. The reviews include the issues of baby’ safety and health that you may experience when using bathtubs. Also, there is a worthily-considering list of 10 best baby bath tub for you.
Types of Baby Bath Tub
Like other products available in the world, baby bathtub comes in different types. Each type has its pros and cons. Here is a list of types you may need to have a look before investing one.
This type often has simple design. Also, it is designed with sloped interior, which allows baby can recline backward a bit. Plus, drain plug isn’t often included in the tub.
Mesh Sling Attached Bathtub
This is type of tub for newborns’ using. The mesh sling works as hammock to support baby’s back. Therefore, baby isn’t submerged in the water. Also, newborns need this type when umbilical cord is not ready to fall. Often the mesh sling is removable so that users can easily detach it as baby grows.
Travelling Baby Bathtub
The design of this type meets the requirements of light weight and easy-to-use feature. Also, the bathtub is often possible to deflate and foldable, which gives the convenience when using and save up space for storage.
This type is often equipped with a digital thermometer, which allows users to adjust the temperatures of water as desired. When water is too hot to safely use, it gives some warning sign, therefore, everything is handled in time. Some products may come with clean constant water flow, which is automatically adjusted. Therefore, more advanced technology is included in the product.
Top 10 Baby Bath Tubs
1. The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn To Toddler Tub[amazon_link asins=’B000067EH7′ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’821bd352-ce91-11e6-a596-218e4e37a2d8′]
The product was voted as the best newborn bath tub in BabyCenter’s Moms’ Picks 2014 awards, here are why it deserves that. The bathtub is really good to use for both newborns and toddlers due to its deep ergonomic design. Especially, the mesh sling and padded headrest comes as the outstanding features, which gives more support when holding baby. Also, these mesh hammock is removable and washable, which more convenient as baby grows up to securely sit upright position in the bathtub. Plus, the mesh is too soft, which increases the comfortable feeling for baby’s skin during bathing.
What else? The bathtub is a type of small size, but it is roomy enough to prevent water splashing on the floor during bathing. Plus, it is made of durable plastic, which is constructed but not too-heavy in weight. Holding the bathtub with one hand is not a hard job. The upside of the material is it doesn’t discolor itself when holding hot water. This makes it stay new longer. Also, the surface is smooth to be easier cleaning with sponge. In addition, the bathtub is designed with a place to keep soap, allowing the bathing process to happen handier.
2. Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Tub[amazon_link asins=’B000066665′ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’49b6acec-cf84-11e6-aeff-2d54b03e3bed’]
The bathtub comes with an adorable design, which looks like a duck. With the design of 19″ long and about 10 1/2″ wide, it is roomy enough for 6 – 12 old-month babies. Also, this design isn’t too bulky for taking somewhere. Plus, this is a type of portable bathtub because it can be deflated and folded easily. Therefore, those who love travelling, this should be a baby bathtub to take considerations.
In addition, being light in weight but sturdy enough for baby to sit in. Plus, to help the water drain from the bathtub, the design comes with a drain plug in the bottom. However, it may take time a bit to let it completely drained. As increasing the comfort when bathing, the tail of duck is designed with higher end, allowing baby to cline in backward position.
3. PRIMO EuroBath, Pearl White[amazon_link asins=’B000056OV0′ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5a9f49c6-cf84-11e6-98ad-af85ffd52fe2′]
The bathtub is large enough for use of both newborn and toddler’s use, which has the dimensions 19.8 x 14.5 x 8.5 inches. Of course, this is the one of the largest bathtub currently available in the markets. Also, the outstanding feature of this bathtub is the two ways of bathing position. The 0 – 6 month-old babies can bath in recline position and 6 – 24 oldmonth babies can sit upright when bathing.
What else? The design comes with a safety post, which prevents baby from sliding and soaking under the water. Also, the post can be the place for toddler to grip when sitting in the bathtub. Plus, there are two places on the bathtub to place soap and sponge, which gives more convenience when bathing. Also, a drain plug is a nice design, which helps to empty the bathtub as quick as possible. In addition, the bathtub is very constructed to last longer than others because it is made of durable and sturdy plastic. Certainly, this also the type of material that allows to easily to clean with soap and sponge. For aforementioned features, this should be a best baby bath tub to add on your list.
4. Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub[amazon_link asins=’B0018Z8CN8′ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’83cd47e0-cf84-11e6-9a9e-c7697177ee2f’] The bathtub comes in cute design, which looks like a whale. But how large is the bathtub? The measurements are 31 x 17.5 x 8.5 inches, which is roomy for toddlers’ use. However, the newborn finds no problems in using this bathtub.
For newborn bathing, it has a soft pad that helps to support baby’s back, while his butt is supported by the green butt-bumper. Also, the removable insert helps to keep baby in place and won’t slide down when bathing. However, when removing the insert and butt-bumper, the bathtub has more room for toddler’s use. Therefore, it causes no discomfort, no water to splash due to being less roomy.
Does it have a drain plug? It does, so it helps users to empty the bathtub easily and quickly. Also, the bathtub is made of sturdy plastic, allowing it to be more constructed. Nice thing is no PVC found in the material. Certainly, the bathtub features itself a smooth and easy to clean, allowing moms to save time in cleaning job.
5. Blooming Bath – Baby Bath (Canary Yellow)[amazon_link asins=’B007S1T4Q0′ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’92bcacf1-cf84-11e6-9089-690f3b6aec10′] With the look-like-flower design, it looks like a kid toy rather than a bathtub. However, obviously, this gives itself a lovely look. Also, it may make your bath time more enjoyable for both you and your baby. When bathing, the pedals of the flower cuddle your baby up.
How large is the bathtub? The flower is designed with 32 inches diameter, allowing it to fit most types of sink size. Although the flower seems to fit an infant snugly but it still needs to cradle with your arm. Therefore, your baby won’t slide down due to the quite depth of the bathtub. Also, the flower is made of soft material, which helps baby feel comfortable when sitting on.
However, the material may be a bit bothering to cause when cleaning. Because it is not type of plastic, it takes longer time to dry, likely to cause mold growths due to the excessive water. For such feature, the cleaning job by hand may challenge a bit, so it needs a washer to do it for you.
6. 4moms, Baby Bath Tub[amazon_link asins=’B00BXWTVJ0′ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9c1ce253-cf84-11e6-8592-f7558a85ee98′] This seems to be an advanced technology bath tub that is equipped with a digital thermometer. It helps users to adjust the temperatures as desired, worked by a color-coded temperature display. Blue color for under 90 degree, green for between 90 – 99 degrees, and red when the temperature reaches at 100 degrees. Therefore, it gives you warning signs whenever the water gets too hot before the water can harm your baby’s skin.
Plus, the bath tub is also designed to have more support when bathing. It has a removable pad to line under baby’s back, which gives more comfortable for baby’s skin.
In addition, the double sink comes as a great feature, allowing using where is not actually a place for bathing like kitchen sink. Along with temperature monitor, the dirty water flow is other outstanding feature of this bath tub.
Actually, this is a smart design of this bath tub when allowing your baby to bath clean constant water. Plus, it has three drain plugs, one in the bottom of smaller basin, two on each side of main bath tub. Also, like some others, it includes two cup holders, increasing the convenience when using. For all aforementioned features, it actually deserves to be the best baby bath tub on the list of baby bath tub reviews.
7. Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Sling N Seat Tub[amazon_link asins=’B00F2MQ0EQ’ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ae406feb-cf84-11e6-a951-43daf658930e’] This is a type of bath tub used for four stages of baby’s age. For the newborn’s use, the design comes with a sling, allowing users to have more support when holding. Even holding your slippery baby with one hand causes no difficulty. Also, there is a neck padding, which helps to support baby’s neck from touching the hard plastic edge of the tub.
For the next stages like six-month-old babies, the bath tub is designed with insert, which helps to keep your baby stay in place and prevent him from sliding down. However, both sling and insert are removable, so they can be detached as baby grows. When cleaning, it has a hook to hang up. Very easier to drain and more convenient to store.
Plus, to better use for both newborn and toddler, it is designed with 18.5 x 30 x 8.5 inches of measurements. It is actually not a bad size for toddlers’ use. Also, the bath tub is made of sturdy plastic, allowing itself to be more constructed. Additionally, the squeeze bottle and whale scoop are two adorable items included in the product. Interestingly, they works as tools to rinse foam out of your baby’s body and become toys for him to play as well.
8. SHNUGGLE Bath[amazon_link asins=’B00SNM4KS0′ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b993c2c9-cf84-11e6-8061-cbd9575bebda’] The bathtub is designed in very beautiful design – sleek exterior and bucket style. The SGNUGGLE brings the pleased feeling for those who love to seek for aesthetic of products. Plus, the bathtub is made of plastic but it is very sturdy and constructed. Also, the material is PBA free, which ensures safety for baby’s skin. Needing the measurements of this bathtub? It measures 23.6 x 15 x 10.2 inches, large enough to use during your baby’s childhood.
What else? It has the backrest, allowing your baby to have more support when bathing. Plus, the bathtub fits most types of sink. Therefore, putting it on the kitchen sink may help you have the right height when bathing for your baby. In addition, the design of its back part is quite high, which allows a newborn to recline backward. Therefore, you can hold your baby safely with one hand while the other hand bathing him. The downside is having no drain plug, which may cause inconvenient a bit. However, it has a hump in the bottom, which prevents your baby from sliding down.
9. Leachco Safer Bather Infant Bath Pad, Blue Fish[amazon_link asins=’B00005JIVI’ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c2a2ca97-cf84-11e6-ade5-7d356be69885′] The model of this bathtub looks like a magic carpet of Aladdin more than a bathtub for babies. However, this feature may be its pros when using. First of its pros is the soft material and it is designed to be deeply contoured. Therefore, it can cradle baby’s body when he is bathing. Although it comes in flat model, it has head elevator, which prevents water from getting into baby’s ears. Also, it has a sturdy hanger so as it helps itself to more convenient when storage.
However, the material may cause a bit bothering because it is easy to absorb water, Therefore, it takes longer time to dry. Often it may take overnight to completely dry. Also, the cleaning and drying job by hand may be more difficult. But this shouldn’t be the big problem to consider because washing machine and dryer can do it for you.
10. Angelcare Bath Support, Aqua[amazon_link asins=’B008VWVS14′ template=’SingleProduct’ store=’knowingmama-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d2159069-cf84-11e6-8b87-7dd89ece7699′] The bathtub looks aesthetic due to its unique design and sturdy material. It doesn’t look bulky but have enough room for a baby to sit on. Also, it is designed to support users to have a better grip when bathing for their baby. Plus, the most outstanding feature of this bathtub is the mildew-resistant material, which gives itself more hygiene. Therefore, your baby’s sensitive skin is protected from allergic reaction.
In addition, the material is likely to bring rough and firm feeling when touching but this is untrue. On the contrary, the surface is soft to touch. What else? It is easy to drain the water. Also, drying process takes no time, which seems to cause no chance for mold growths. Plus, it has the built-in hook, so when your bath time finishes, hang it up to save the space.
Dangerous Bath Products
Wondering whether there are any accidents caused by using baby bathtubs? This issue sounds unbelievable a bit. Also, it is a bit further serious when taking this as things to consider. However, there were some accidents happened.
According to the data from 2007-2009 in CPSC Nursery Product Reports, there is an average of 7 children killed every year due to the hazards of bath seats. Plus, according to an article posted on dailymail.co.uk in 2015, around 13 under-five-year-old children die from drowning every year, it includes fatal accidents caused by bathing in the bathtubs. Actually, these are warning numbers. However, what are main reasons leading these fatal accidents:
- Parents leave their baby unattended.
- Babies slip out of their seats and then becomes submerged.
- The suction cups are detached from the bathtub.
No matter what how good your bathtub is. It can’t keep your baby safe by itself. Even a best infant bath tub or a very modern bathtub, each is just a tool. It can make mistakes sometimes. Also, it never replaces human being, and it just helps us to more conveniently do the job. Therefore, to never experience any regrets in later life. Take the safety of your priority.
The safety doesn’t only come in the bathtub but also comes in the way you bath your baby. It can be your temperature of water you mix with cold water. You should know which the right temperature is good for your sensitive skin. Others may be about the products you choose.
How to Choose a Best Baby Bath Tub
Mostly, baby bath tubs are made of plastic – a material to meet the requirements of light weight, sturdiness and low price. However, it doesn’t turn out a simple thing when relating to health aspects. The material should contain no harmful chemicals like PBA, PVC, phthalate, latex and leads, which may cause allergic reaction during using. Normally, the plastic that allows to recycle is never bad material for your baby bathtub. Check this to ensure the safety!
Hygiene is very important, which means the bathtub should be easy to clean and dry. Therefore, there is no chance for mildew to grow caused by moisture. In addition, the easyto-dry feature doesn’t simply the health issue, it relates to the inconvenience when using. Imagine that how mad it is when your bathtub takes overnight or longer to completely dry. This isn’t a nice thing to experience when you are really in need of it but doesn’t have other bathtub to use. Actually, it is annoying.
Plus, not all baby bathtubs are designed with drain plugs, which may cause a bit inconvenient when using. Also, it’s not easy to hold a baby securely with one hand while other hand is trying to drain the water. Meanwhile there isn’t always available an assistant to help moms with bath time, a drain plug helps much in this case. Certainly, it takes time much more time to do without a drain plug.
Choosing a baby bathtub should regard the age of your baby because a bathtub for a newborn should be different from a toddler. A newborn may need a mesh sling to support you when holding. Also, bathing during umbilical cord stage should be done with more careful. A bathtub attached a mesh sling may help you a lot. However, bear in mind that this feature should be removable so that you don’t have to get another bathtub as baby grows.
There is other thing to consider when buying a baby bathtub. That is the removable insert which helps to prevent baby from sliding down. Please bear in mind that baby’s skin is very slippery when bathing. This is definitely hard to hold your baby safely. Therefore, this insert will work to keep your baby in place even though your hands are off his body.
To conclude the things of how to choose a baby bath tub, there are three things to remember. One is convenience in using. Second is safety for baby to use. The remaining thing is saving your money. Some people may think it is impossible to have three features in one product, but the following products are worth taking considerations.
Actually, there are plenty of baby bathtubs out there, which may make you overwhelmed. Choosing a best baby bathtub is as difficult as you may think. However, it shouldn’t be done with your hasty decision. Let’s learn about them before buying. Also, reviews, advices from friends or experts are always helpful.